Thompson Project Management is one of Irelands leading structural steel fabricators. Founded in 1878, the company now has over 130 years of experience serving the Irish construction industry. Specializing in bridge construction, structural steel and marine fabrication the company has a long and proud tradition of providing a quality service to our clients ensuring that wherever possible project performance criteria are met.
With a workshop comprising of 40,000 sq. ft., the company has the ability to fabricate large structural steel sections. Fabrication facilities and capabilities include:
Total workforce of 45 persons
- Highly skilled fabricators and coded welders (EN 1090 Execution Class 4) with a wealth of bridge fabrication experience
- In house draughting team proficient in the use of Tekla, Autocad, Solidworks
- Lifting capacity of 40T
- 4,000 sqm state of the art Production Facility
- Gietart automatic shot blasting plant 6 wheel 2.5 m wide
- CNC kaltenbach drilling and plate production machine
- 1.25m x 30 mm Guillotine
- 3m x 12mm Guillotine
- Oxytome Plate Profiling Machine 5m x 13.5m
- 150t Geka Punching Machine
- 1.5m Radial Arm Drill
- 4m Pressbrake
- DC 600 amp welders
- Automated seam welding
- Automated submerged arc welding
- Stud Welding
- Paint Shop with Metal Spraying Capability
- 1 x 10t Front-loading Forklift
- 3 x 6t Side-loading Forklifts
The company has successfully completed projects in challenging river, marine and rail environments and has a thorough working knowledge of what is required to ensure that successful outcomes are achieved.
Previous we have completed the works outlined below which were challenging projects and required the successful contractor to demonstrate that their company had the appropriate skill set to deliver the desired result. Recently we have completed a number of bridges (including moving bridges), the details of which are set out in the following project summaries.